Glenn takes a hands-on approach to the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions, treating a wide range of sporting, degenerative, occupational and musculoskeletal complaints, both acute and chronic that include:
- Back and neck pain
- Sports injuries
- Shin Splints
- Sprains and Strains
- Knee Injuries
- Chronic Pain
- Jaw Pain (TMJ)
- Shoulder pain
- Tennis and golf elbow
- Postural problems
Glenn is skilled in all the following techniques to assist you to reduce pain, restore function and improve mobility:
- Remedial Massage – Can be applied lightly or firm, it is used to reduce muscle tension and aid soft tissue repair.
- Deep Tissue Massage – Used to reach far beneath the superficial fascia to relieve chronic muscle pain and problems. Usually focuses on trigger point areas also referred to as ‘knots’. The deeper pressure applied is very beneficial for releasing tension.
- Joint Mobilisation – Increasing the mobility of a joint.
- Trigger Point Therapy – Used to deactivate trigger points (those nasty, irritable muscle knots) that cause or refer pain and other sensations such as headaches. The tight band of skeletal muscle that is either referring pain or restricting movement is targeted.
- Myofascial Dry Needling – Is an extremely effective method of releasing trigger points and promoting the restoration of natural blood flow and circulation within a muscle. Dry needles are directly placed into the muscle as opposed to traditional acupuncture where meridian points are a key focus.
- Cupping – Cupping is a traditional healing method that draws toxins to the skin surface for elimination using glass cups. The cupping process activates the lymphatic system, promotes blood flow and deep tissue repair
- Myofacial Release – A gentle sustained pressure is applied to the myofascial connective tissue to eliminate pain and restore your range of movement.
- Active/Passive Stretching – Increases the length of the muscle and releases tension.